Importing a price list from a CSV/Excel file is very similar process to the process for importing a job that was discussed in the first half of this document. To import the price list you can follow these steps:
1. First you will need to create a new price list that you can import the CSV/Excel information into. You can do this by clicking the ‘New Price List’ button on the ribbon of the Job Manager screen.
Fig.1 New Price List
2. Once you have created the new price list, open it up and click the Excel button on the ribbon.
Fig.2 Insert Excel button
3. When you click the Excel button you will get an import window appear. Click the button that has three dots on it next to where it says ‘File:’
Fig.3 Import window
4. The next window to pop up will be the Open windows. Browse to the location where you have the CSV/Excel file saved, highlight the CSV/Excel file and click the Open button.
Fig.4 Browse box
5. The import window will appear displaying the information in the CSV/Excel file. On this screen, you will need to tell the software what columns refer to what information. This is done by selecting the column type from the ‘Source Column:’ section on the right-hand side of the window. Once you have selected the columns click the insert button.
Fig.5 Source Columns
After following these steps the information will have been imported into the price list, and you will now be able to work on this information in Cubit Estimating.
Fig.6 Imported price list
Please note: Import can sort the data up to 2 levels (Trade and Item) only.
Sample CSV/Excel template shown below to import items under every Trade.
A sample Price List Template for Excel Import can be found here