You can create your own Template when exporting to Microsoft Excel. You can use any Template to Customize the columns that are exported and their headings.
To create an Excel Template:
From an open Job:
1. Click the Data tab.
2. Click New Template from the Excel ribbon.
Fig 1. New Template
3. The Excel Exporter window will open.
Fig 2. Excel Exporter
By default, the following columns are included:
Description, Quantity, Unit, Marked up Rate * Factor and Total.
4. Select what information to export by clicking any row in the Estimate Column.
5. Name any column by clicking any row in Header Name and typing a description.
6. Click the Use the Insert new Excel Column to add a Column above any selected row OR use Add
new Excel Column to add a Column in the final row.
Fig 3. Insert or Add Excel Column
7. You can change the order of your exported columns by selecting the row and move the columns up or down using the arrow buttons.
Note: The letters on the left of each Header Name will signify which column that row is
exported as. The A row will be the A column, which will be the first column on the left.
Fig 4. Move column order
8. By default, Include Trade headings and Include Excel header are ticked. You can
uncheck these if you do not want them to be exported.
9. By default, Export all is checked; this will export the entire Job. You can select Export
selected to only export any Trades, Headings or Items you have highlighted in your
10. Click Save Template to save your Excel Exporter Template.
11. Enter a Name for your Template.
Fig 5. Save Template
12. Click Export to export the Job.
You may also find the following links most helpful: